To access the OPT application and instructions, CLICK HERE.
For the PowerPoint of our OPT Workshop information, CLICK HERE.
Please call 865-5208 to make an appointment to review and submit your OPT application.
Optional Practical Training Administrative Fee
Effective January 2, 2017, F-1 students applying for OPT will pay an OPT Administrative Fee as follows:
· Initial 12 month OPT Administrative Fee: $140
This will help off-set additional resources needed to process compliance for this benefit. For more information, CLICK HERE.
Your Obligations During Post-Completion OPT
You are required to immediately report your employment, any change of name or address, or disruption of employment to the OISS throughout the duration of your OPT authorization.
NOTE: STEM students must check in with OISS every 6 months regardless of whether any information has changed.
As an OPT student, in order to reenter the U.S. you will need the following:
- Your EAD (OPT) employment card.
- A travel signature on your I-20 that will be less than 6 months old on the day you plan to enter the U.S.
- A valid F-1 visa.
- Proof of employment (a letter from your employer verifying that you are or will be working for them).
- A valid passport with an expiration date that is at least 6 months into the future.