The Center for Global Education (CGE) is the hub for global learning and engagement for undergraduate students. Consisting of the Office of Study Abroad (OSA), English for Academic and Professional Purposes (EAPP), and International Undergraduate Student Support, CGE advances equitable and robust opportunities for students to enhance their global awareness and intercultural learning. CGE provides support for undergraduate international students and for NTC students who study abroad through programs administered by our office. We prepare students for the life-changing experience of study abroad and seek to integrate academic inquiry and personal reflection with intercultural experiences both on Tulane’s campus and beyond.
CGE Learning Outcomes:
Through engagement with CGE’s globally-oriented learning opportunities including, but not limited to study abroad, students will gain the skills and knowledge to do the following:
- Articulate personal and academic goals for study abroad, investigate all available program possibilities in relation to those goals, and understand how country and program-specific resources and limitations might impact the study abroad experience.
- Demonstrate cross-cultural awareness and the ability to communicate and collaborate across lines of difference
- Exercise flexibility and adaptability when navigating uncertainty and unfamiliar situations in non-US academic, civic, and professional settings
- Demonstrate an expanded worldview, knowledge of global affairs, and proficiency in a non-English language
- Understand the concept of cultural humility and how their own identity and positions of privilege inform cross-cultural interactions
- Apply these skills to future intellectual, civic, professional and personal endeavors