Course Equivalencies

Curious about how classes transfer back from study abroad? The following departments have approved courses from study abroad programs listed below. Click on your major or minor department to see courses that have been approved for the department.

Click here to see all department course approvals on Box.

Note that this is not a complete list of courses that can be approved on OSA programs. Use this as a historical record and guide, but know that you are able to petition for additional courses to be approved with the chair of your department. If you have questions about whether or not courses you’re interested in will be approved for major or elective credit, please speak to your academic department.

Course Approvals by Department:

Art History
Cell and Molecular Biology
Chemical Engineering
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Environmental Studies
Political Science
Public Health
School of Liberal Arts Management Minor (SLAMM Minors ONLY)
Freeman School of Business (Business Majors ONLY)

Non-Approved Courses

Not approved yet? No problem. If you would like major, minor, or NTC core credit for a course that is NOT on the lists above, you should meet with the appropriate departmental advisor to have them complete the Course Equivalency Form. For more information on this process, visit our page on transferring credit.

Some departments require pre-approval to get major credit for coursework abroad. Check with your major department for more information.