International student success at Tulane University begins with OISS Online Orientation! It is designed to help you:
- Adjust to academic and social life at Tulane;
- Comply with government regulations pertaining to your stay in the U.S;
- Learning about on and off campus resources and support services;
- Become comfortable with the local community and U.S. culture; and
- Meet other new international students.
Studies show the benefits of participating in orientation programs. Faculty members and advisors see a marked difference in the preparedness and success of students who have participated in orientation.
OISS Online Orientation (Mandatory for students in F-1 and J-1 status)
What is it?
OISS Online Orientation (the Toolkit) is an online course made up of educational modules created to help international students learn about immigration regulations, adjusting to being a student in the United States, Tulane University resources and more. New international students will be able to work through the content at their own pace while asking questions and sharing with current international student moderators as well as their fellow other new international students. New international students will be automatically enrolled in this Canvas course.
The following modules are required for you to complete your online iGlobal check-in. We encourage you to review all of the content in order to better prepare you to be a Tulane University student.
- Rights, Responsibilities and Benefits of F-1/ J-1 Student Status (Quiz in Toolkit)
- Title IX: Not Anymore Sexual Harrassment and Sexual Violence Training (Assignment in Toolkit. It is an external website.)
- OISS Health and Safety Tips (Quiz in Toolkit)
Online Orientation Schedule - Summer -Fall, 2021
New incoming international students enrolled for summer or fall, 2021 will be able to access the Toolkit in April 2021. Please complete the course before your arrival in the United States. Parts of the online orientation are mandatory for completing your online iGlobal Check-In which you must complete shortly after you arrive at Tulane.
The toolkit will be accessible until August 15, 2022.